Welcome to our site! Stick around, have a chat, sign up, have fun!
Welcome to our site! Stick around, have a chat, sign up, have fun!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We don't knock.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We have opened our forums!

Improvement ideas!

Go down 
+2
Viktorius
Puolimieli_
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Puolimieli_

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Suggested improvement on the forums.   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Ok. Didnt quite know where to put this topic so Id might just drop it here. =P Moderators may move it to another section if needed.

If you have any improvement suggestions that you think would be cool/nice/good/etc on the forums, You might just drop your idea here and discuss of it with us.

I noticed that our forums front page is quite a "mess" now...
I suggest that we should clean it like:
- Remove the old, huge and not anymore needed SoF logo.
- What the fuck means "We dont knock"? Id say, remove it.
- The Text Scroll bar. Could be good if it would have some real information of anything like how many members we got or server addresses or some other add for our clan. Not just "We have opened our forums." because that happened ages ago...
- Also, I dont know why or is it just my computer... I must ask, why is there so much space between the text scroll bar and the next bar that says "Welcome"...

These were my improvement ideas, say what you think of them and I hope that our leaders and forum staff would take them in notice. Yes its quite a work... if you do it the hard way, but not impossible. =)

- Puolimieli_
Back to top Go down
Viktorius
Viktorius

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: re   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:46 am

lol! this is good idea but dont delete ˇWe dont knockˇXD thats funny i dont know what does that means but i like it Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
Puolimieli_

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:51 am

But it does not make any sense Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation scratch Suspect

- Puolimieli_
Back to top Go down
Puolimieli_

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:53 am

And oh... just noticed that what was the empty space I was seeing... It was the space for the add wich I dont usually see because Im using AddBlocker... =P Still, do we need the add or can we even delete it from the site? Surprised

- Puolimieli_
Back to top Go down
So! Snipe
Major Member
So! Snipe

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:27 am

Moved to right section. Keep the ideas coming, they are all been noticed and thought about.
Back to top Go down
https://soldiers.forumotion.co.uk
So! Snipe
Major Member
So! Snipe

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:29 am

Tell us all your ideas here
Back to top Go down
Viktorius
Viktorius

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: re   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:45 am

thats should be good if you delete the simbol of SoF and do something So! simbol if you know any ideas about new simbols just show it here !
Back to top Go down
So! Snipe
Major Member
So! Snipe

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:52 am

Yeh we are making a new logo soon.
Back to top Go down
Puolimieli_

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 4:09 am

Ok... I think the Logo should be noticable enough but not as huge as the SoF logo that I think, is taking too much space...

- Puolimieli_
Back to top Go down
Viktorius
Viktorius

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: re   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:11 pm

but we have got enugh space!
Back to top Go down
Puolimieli_

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:46 am

I think its really annoying that you have to scroll half of the screen just to see something else than the logo...

- Puolimieli_
Back to top Go down
ReeD

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Agree with Puolimieli! Maybe something more horizontal? Instead of a square, so it can still be big, but u don't ave to scroll all te way down... Idk, just throwing it out there Smile
Back to top Go down
Viktorius
Viktorius

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: re   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:54 am

okay true maybe its not too good
Back to top Go down
So!HaZe

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:15 am

http://www.xippy.co.uk/

im happy to pay for it, just wanted to know wether you want it or not, would make things alot more easier as its specificly designed for clans Very Happy ,
Back to top Go down
So! Snipe
Major Member
So! Snipe

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 am

Thanks man thats great to hear. I will get back to you about this once I have spoken to Alex about it.
Back to top Go down
Viktorius
Viktorius

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: re   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:15 am

lol dont change the forum website!! Exclamation Question Exclamation Question Exclamation Question Exclamation Question
Back to top Go down
So!HaZe

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:29 am

why not, it would make things so much easier, the website is literally designed for clans so it has like calenders and war tables, it also has a built in war log, also you can add wars to the calenders so people can see when tehre coming up and you can add your own name to it so you can see who would be available, its also has the ability to add your own personal pages into it so you can personalize the pages, ultimately it is quite good to use
Back to top Go down
So! Snipe
Major Member
So! Snipe

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:31 am

Yeh ive checked it out and it has alot of good uses that would make our forums much easier to use.
Back to top Go down
Kaiba
Kaiba

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Take a look at this clan site, mabee get some idea's.

http://www.u4ealounge.com/

its not coping there site, just getting idea's.
hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Viktorius
Viktorius

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: re   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:27 am

lol that okay that war table is really good but i dont want the new website caz of our topics etc and all of it ll lost not ?
Back to top Go down
So!HaZe

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 am

Kaiba- not being funny but a dont know if u actually understand the fundamentals behind building a website like that, persoanlly i do know how to build a website like that and its not an ovenight project, its about a week of solid work, probably more, and even then it will still be buggy

Viktorius, you wont loose the content well just copy over the important stuff over and start the normal threads again, cause im not sure if ill be able to harras the code from these forums into the other one.
Back to top Go down
So!HaZe

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:35 am

http://www.u4ealounge.com/ and that website is poor im sorry to day, it doesnt even rendr properly in all web browsers :S
Back to top Go down
Viktorius
Viktorius

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: re   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 9:42 am

Hmmm... thats good if you can do what you said then congratz for the website builders jocolor
Back to top Go down
Puolimieli_

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, I think you dont really have to be so much of a genious, to code/edit the forum/clansites to your own likins... (I know, have been studying programming for 6 years... As in html/java/c#/c++/c/mysql/etc)

But still, because this is freeforum(?), we have restrictions to how we can edit the site(?).

If we could but our own forum/clansite server together, there would be more things we could do with it and it might be cheaper than hire someone to do it for us.

Though, Im just throwing some random/weird points out here. Razz

-Puolimieli_
Back to top Go down
Puolimieli_

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 9:00 pm

So!HaZe wrote:
Kaiba- not being funny but a dont know if u actually understand the fundamentals behind building a website like that, persoanlly i do know how to build a website like that and its not an ovenight project, its about a week of solid work, probably more, and even then it will still be buggy

Viktorius, you wont loose the content well just copy over the important stuff over and start the normal threads again, cause im not sure if ill be able to harras the code from these forums into the other one.

Though, it just depends how much you put work and effort to it, and it can be an overnight project, or over in a few nights project, if there is good team behind it and everything knows what to do for their own cut. One does something while another does something else. Then someone just puts all it in together to get it running, after that everyone just starts to find and fix the bugs.

It could be organized to work better than any well paid sites, get it faster together, cheaper to make, etc.

I know it doesnt really need so much of resurses than the needed skills to get it together.

But still, Im just throwing some points from here to there and back, I know we have neither the resurses or enough skilled personel to make it up and running so fast.

- Puolimieli_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Improvement ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improvement ideas!   Improvement ideas! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Improvement ideas!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next